The website www.patou.com (the "Website") is published by Jean Patou, French SAS, which has its registered office at 24-32 rue Jean Goujon, 75008 Paris, and is registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 831 242 359 (hereinafter "PATOU", "We" or “Us”).
PATOU places the highest priority and takes the utmost care to protect the privacy and personal information of its Website users.
For more information about how We handle your product orders placed through the Website (the "Orders"), please refer to the PATOU General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Personal information refers to any information or pieces of information (including opinions) about an identified individual (e.g. your name, surname) or reasonably identifiable individual (e.g. through pseudonymised data, such as a unique ID number). This means that Personal Information includes information such as: email, home address, purchase history, personal preferences and shopping habits. It may also include unique identifiers like order reference, client number, your computer’s IP address or your device’s MAC address or data regarding your navigation on our Website.
2.1 How do We collect your Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information as follows:
- directly from You when You use our Website and our services (completion of various forms on the Website, placement of an Order, direct communication with Us through our chatbot or our customer service department, etc.);
- automatically when You access or use the Website (cookies, technical details, browsing information, etc.); and
- indirectly from third parties (third-party data providers, business partners, social media, etc.).
2.2 What information do We collect?
PATOU collects several types of Personal Information about You:
Personal Information that We collect directly from You
We collect Personal Information that You provide directly when You use our Website and our services.
This is specifically the case when You:
- Create an on-line account and subscribe to the Patou Club, it being understood that You do not need to create an account to place an Order,
- Place an Order,
- Request that We call You on the telephone, or when You interact with Us through our customer service department,
- You register to receive our e-mails and newsletters,
- Take part in any sweepstakes, competition, promotion or survey,
- Interact with Us through third-party social media,
- Request customer support,
- Apply for a job, or
- Interact with Us in any other way.
The categories of Personal Information that We collect include:
- Identification and contact information: g., last name, first name, date of birth, mailing address, postal address, phone number and other contact details needed to identify You when You use one of our services (e.g., creation of an on-line account),
- Information needed to process your Order: items selected, delivery and invoicing address, telephone number and e-mail address, telephone number, payment method, including your credit card number and expiry date, as well as the name of the cardholder when You make an on-line payment,
- Information about your preferences: g., favorite products and services if You tell Us about them,
- Your Order history: We store your transaction history, e. your purchases, your returns, etc.
- History and content of your exchanges with Us: We generate the history of our relationship when You contact our customer service department or when You submit a complaint to Us: when You contact one of our advisers, your conversations may be recorded to ensure quality service. You will always be provided alternative ways to contact Us if You do not want your conversation to be recorded.
The Information that We request from You, which is essential to respond to your requests, are identified with an asterisk or an equivalent method on the data collection form. If You do not complete the mandatory fields or fail to provide the information marked as mandatory, We will not be able to respond to your requests or process your Orders.
Personal Information that We collect automatically
We automatically collect certain Information about You when You access or use the Website, specifically:
- Technical information: We collect information about the device that You use to login, as well as your use of the Website (g., operating system, type of browser used, whether a proxy is used, location of the device inferred from your IP address that identifies your computer, access time, accessed pages, language selection and the link that enabled You to access our Website),
Personal Information that We collect indirectly from third parties
We may also obtain Personal Information about You from other sources and combine it with the Information We already have about You, such as:
- Information received from third-party data providers and business partners: this concerns Information that We receive from third-party data providers and business partners You interacted with and have already authorized in accordance with their own policies to share your Personal Information with Us for commercial solicitation or targeted advertising purposes. It generally concerns socio-demographic data (g., socio-professional class, age bracket, gender, etc.), contact information (e.g., e-mail address, telephone number, etc.), profile data (e.g., favorite products or services, areas of interest, etc.),
- Information received from the social media: this concerns Information provided to Us by the social media networks You use through our Website, or from your activity on social media pages. Specifically, when You share your experience with PATOU with other customers, You use a social media and provide Information about yourself to this social media and to Us. These communications are governed by the social media's personal data protection policies, which We invite You to review before You make these kinds of communications.
Personal Information about other data subjects
In some cases, We may also collect Personal Information that You supply about other persons, when You decide to purchase and send products to someone. We only use this Personal Information to respond to your requests, and do not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they have separately elected to receive communications from Us.
2.3 How and for what purpose do We use the Data that We collect?
- To create your customer account, it being understood that You do not need to create an account to place an Order
- To manage your requests and queries (other than related to an Order): We use your Data to send You the information You request,
- To show you customised adverts and offers tailored to your interests on our Website, using targeting cookies and other Information collected about You.
In this way, the ads and offers directed to You will be based on a review of your profile, your preferences and habits inferred from your browsing patterns on our Website and our business partners' websites.
- To send You commercial and marketing solicitations: We may use your Information to propose You new products and special offers, to invite You to private events and to send You our newsletters.
- Recruit new members of staff and to assess their suitability for a role.
- To process your Order: We use your Information to manage the purchase, delivery and invoicing of the products You order.
- To handle any request You may have in relation to your Order as part of our after-sale services.
- To manage your participation in sweepstake that We may organise and to award You as the case may be any prize won in this context.
- To measure and improve the performance of our Website: We use performance cookies to allow us to count visits and traffic sources. This helps Us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Website. This way, We can also measure the effectiveness of our advertising and promotional campaigns to improve their relevance and effectiveness. Most information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- To customize your experience and ease your use of our Website: We use customization cookies and other Data to build your profile. In this way, the Website's appearance will be adapted to your preferences and habits inferred from your browsing patterns on our Website or on our business partners’ websites. We can aggregate your Data collected from the various devices that You use to navigate on the Website, as well as any Data collected in our stores, to gain a better understanding of your tastes and preferences. To measure and improve the performance of our newsletters: we use performance cookies to measure opening and clicks of the newsletters We sent to You to improve their relevance and effectiveness.
- To prevent payment frauds and ensure the validity of payments We receive,
- To prevent acts of infringement or illicit resell in order to ensure the security of our assets and products.
- To defend our interests in the event of a dispute or court action and to comply with applicable laws.
In this respect, We store transactions history and any other commercial documents for legal and administrative reasons (accountability, tax, legal or commercial warranties, insurance, audit, etc.) in accordance with applicable laws.
2.4 Who has access to your Information?
Your Information is processed by PATOU for the purposes described above and are only accessible to PATOU personnel who need to know it to perform their duties.
Certain third parties may also have access to your Information, specifically:
(i) our subcontractors and service providers acting for technical and logistical reasons (logistics specialists, carriers, Website hosting and maintenance providers, payment and fraud management service providers, technical service providers responsible for sending e-mails and newsletters, customer service center, etc.);
(iii) any third-party company in the event of PATOU’s restructuring, which may acquire all or part of PATOU or merge with our company;
(iv) any authority, court or other third party when disclosure is required by applicable law, regulations or a judicial decision, or if such disclosure is necessary to protect and defend our rights and only to the extent that this disclosure is permitted by applicable laws.
2.5 Is any Personal Information transferred outside of Australia?
Our company is located in France, and We also rely on certain service providers, which are located abroad or which themselves rely on processors located abroad which may be located within inter alia France, United States, Netherlands, and Dublin. These countries may have personal data protection laws which differ from those that apply in in Australia. Any transfer of your Information outside of Australia, takes place with appropriate contractual safeguards in place.
In accordance with applicable laws, You have the right to access your Personal Information and request correction of Your Personal Information should they be inaccurate. You also have the right to request that the Personal Information in our possession be completed.
To respond to your request, We may ask You to provide Us with a proof of identity. We may also need to ask You for additional information or supporting documents to respond to your request. We will make every effort to respond to your request as soon as possible.
Procedure to exercise your rights in respect of your Personal Information
If You already have a customer account, You may exercise your right to access and rectification of your Information by accessing your account.
In all other cases, You may contact Us directly at email@example.com
Our Website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect information about children, unless it is permitted by law.
You must be at least 16 years of age to share your Information with Us. If We are notified that a minor under 16 years of age has submitted Information to Us, We reserve the right to immediately delete such Information and any associated account.
If You are more than 16 but less than the legal age of consent in your country, You hereby recognize and warrant that You have your parents’ or legal guardian’s consent to use this Website and provide your Information to Us.
If You have a complaint about the way We collect and process your Data, You also have the right to contact the the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).